Saturday, May 7, 2011

Finding Joy

Interesting what inspires us sometimes, isn't it? 

 Recently, a friend was feeling overwhelmed by life in general and expressed herself on her FaceBook page. A good friend of hers, whom I have never met before, left the following comment:
"...work to find joy in whatever hits you..."

I was moved by this and it started an interesting stream of thought for me. I won't post it all here, because who wants to read a novella when they're scrolling blogs? 
I will say, however, that I remind myself every day how lucky I am. My body works properly, as long as I take care of it. I receive love every day, as long as I give it.  I do well in my endeavors, as long as I do my share of the work. I find joy in what hits me, as long as I look for it.

This whole stream of thought led to the creation of this card. The image is from DCWV's Travel Stack. The sentiment is from this PTI sentiments set. The flowers and ribbon are from my stash.

Where do you find joy? I'd love to hear it! 
By the way, if you're interested in reading a witty, intelligent, articulate blog by a woman who writes with her "true voice" check out the page of Tobi-Dawne Smith, the mastermind behind that lovely quote up above. 
Her site is a great read!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Mary. :) I gave one right back to you today. Happy Mothers Day!

Eric Maruscak said...

Not only did this card turn out fantastic, but that was a beautiful, wonderful sentiment and such a great way to think about things. Just one more to add to the endless list of reasons I love you.