Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy birthday to me!

Where have I been, you ask? I'll tell you where. Holed up in my kitchen. Why, you ask? I had a birthday. And I got the BEST GIFT EVER!! Now, don't get me wrong. After ALL of these 29th birthdays I keep having, I have discovered that good food, good sleep, good company, and good lovin' from my honey bunny is about the best I could want. No complaints. But sometimes a little guilty pleasure is ok, right? Right? Yes? Please say yes.
BEHOLD!

Yes. That is the 600 Series Professional Mixer from Kitchenaid. In EMPIRE RED. My amazing boyfriend hooked up with some of our friends and a few family members to get me this beauty for my birthday. I am in love. With my boyfriend, with my friends and family, and with this mixer.

Bread. I've been making bread. I'm very slloooowly working on reducing processed foods from my diet. I could go on forever about that, but I'll just leave you with a few pics of homemade bread.


I made my own ciabatta. All I know is that it smells amazing. I'll let ya know how it goes over after dinner, tonight. And yes. My kitchen counter pretty much always looks like that.


Italian Herb. Yum.

Banana Bread. With coconut. Because I love coconut. Why else?



1 comment:

Kei said...

I'm not gonna lie... that Italian herb bread sounds like something I need in my life XD