Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Getting ready to scrap!

HOLA!

I'm registered once again for the Scrappin' For a Cure Fundraiser. This is an event put on a couple of times a year by my friends the Condies. They lost their little girl about 7 years ago to Leukemia. Through their organization, Clarabugs's Quest for a Cure, they have put so much effort into raising funds to fight childhood illnesses, and have been impressively successful. The funds raised from Scrappin' For a Cure will be donated to benefit the new children's hospital in Syracuse. Follow the link above to read more about the organization, check out the newsletter, make a donation, get involved, or just send a note.
I'm looking forward to some time with the girls, and hopefully I'll come home with lots of new goodies (crafty AND delicious!) to post about!

This time the event is to be held in Geneva, NY. A close friend to the cause and her beautiful daughter, Jade, have been so kind to donate their big, beautiful Victorian home for the weekend, and we're all looking forward to gettin' girly and spending the weekend scrapbooking, chatting, listening to music, and eating. Oh, did I mention the eating? We do plenty of that...more than I want to think about, right now. It's one of those events where you just keep eating because everyone brings their own fave snacks to share...I don't know what I'm going to make. I'm thinking something Fall-y and Apple-y...

like maybe Joy the Baker's Apple Tarte Tatin.

But probably not. Love you Joy...but that looks like it might be too difficult and might not hold up to the drive.
That looks more like something I should make during a quiet snowy night at home with my sweetie.With some cocoa. Oh lordy, bring on the snow.

Maybe I'll make Bakerella's Easy Apple Cake. This might be the winner. It looks like it'll hold up just fine, and the more that topping soaks in, the better it gets. I'll bet money on that one. 

If all else fails, I can make Brown Eyed Baker's Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Cream Cheese Filling. Oh my goodness...

Then there's Dana over at Kismet Art and Life. Her Sugar Cream Pie looks GOOD! Sugar and Cream. Two of my best buds.

It'll be a tough decision, to be sure. Maybe I'll just save the goodies for home and grab some Halloween candy to bring with me. Hehe.

No comments: