Sunday, April 3, 2011

Asian inspired...and cake!

I can't say that I'm totally in love with how this card turned out, but since I was trying some new things, I thought I'd post it. 
I stamped that UH-MAZING Inkadinkado background stamp on gray CS withVersaMagic chalk ink in Red Magic. The little Chinese symbol stamps are from Hero Arts, and they say Love, Good Luck, Longevity, and Health. (Or at least, that's what the package tells me. If someone thinks or knows differently, feel free to drop me a line.) I embossed those to really make them pop, and I think it worked. The branch is from a set called (I think) Branches, but I don't have the packaging anymore, and I can't remember where they're from! HELP! 
Please ignore those silly swirls around the edges. 
They didn't come out like I pictured in my head. Don't you hate that? 
Like, sometimes you realize you should have just left well enough alone, you know?

Oh, well. How about some cake?
Texas Sheet Cake. Downsized. (I used The Pioneer Woman's recipe, cut it in half, and baked it in a 9-inch round pan for a dinner with my book club, last night.) It ain't pretty, but it was goooo-ood!

No comments: