Saturday, November 7, 2009

(Late) Autumn Blessings...

HI!! It has been so long since I have posted anything crafty that I am PSYCHED to be writing, today!! I still don't have my craft room in any sort of functional order, but I couldn't wait another minute to make SOMETHING to share! So I carefully chose supplies and hauled them to the dining room table for a little crafting session. I'm going to a scrapbooking weekend beginning next Friday, so I figured I had better spend a little time honing some skills.

I am NOT psyched by the quality of the picture below. My digital camera recently pooped out on me...(that's what happens when it floats in a purse where you put a bottle of juice with a loose top. Heartbreaking, I know...) So anyway, I haven't been able to replace it yet and so I took this pic with my cell phone camera.I adjusted the colors a bit, but it still doesn't look as bright as the real thing. Argh, but I was anxious to post.


The BG paper is PaperTrey Ink's Lemon Tart, as is the mat behind the sentiment.
For my bday this past August, Dana, my BFF over at Kismet, Art, and Life, gave me some Tim Holtz Mini Masks. (LOVE them!) The designs you see around the sides are from the Floret collection. I placed the mask on PTI's Orange Zest, and then used Inkssentials' Blending Tool to sponge Close To My Heart's Autumn Terracotta all over the card. The sentiment is from Stampin Up!'s Stem Silhouette set, stamped in the Autumn Terracotta and then darkened with a brown colored pencil. I finished it off with some dark copper brads, and VOILA! (PS...I know the brads are crooked...you shush.)

No comments: