Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ask and I shall get what I want, apparently...


Here are a couple pics of my birthday loot from Dana. Its hard to see it all, I know. The pic on the left is a bunch of stuff on the table that I was trying to organize, and the pic on the right is the inside of a gift bag with all sorts of odds and ends...everything from stamps to ink to brads and ribbon and glue and tape and appliques and frames and a scrapbook and raffia...I could go on forever...in the blue organizer on the chair is piles and piles of cardstock. She's the best...don't you wish your best friend were as cool as mine?

So the other night, I got busy...
Both cards are the non-folding kind-just a single page. I made the one on the right for a male friend who has been particularly kind to me, lately. The BG is a piece of textured green CS, and on top of that is a funky piece from Nana's Kids. I secured a textured strip of almost see-through white paper with 2 yellow eyelets. The thank you stamp is Inkadinkado, and the flower in the middle is chipboard covered in green tissue paper and dabbed with Versamark Cloud White ink. The ribbon across the bottem was a last-minute addition, and I KNOW it doesn't really match, but I thought it needed something else. I glued a piece of soft-grey CS onto the back to write my message to my friend.
I made the card on the right as a wedding card for a friend at work and his fiance. I know its not really a conventional "pretty" wedding card, and looks more like a valentine, but knowing my friend and his future bride, I think they'll like this, more. The BG is soft grey CS with a red textured CS overlay. I used a little 3-heart stamp from Rubber Stampede and stamped all over the red CS with Versamark Red Magic, except for the one set of white hearts in the corner, which is Cloud White, again. I added a piece of that thin tectured paper and stamped more hearts on that. The frame and heart brad are from Makin Memories (I think-I opened the packages and poured them into the organizer that Dana gave to me, and forgot where the items came from-WOOPS!) Anyway, I used red embroidery floss to attach the frame to the strip of red CS across the middle, and wrote "Congrats" freehand with a black gel pen, and attached the whole thing with Popdots. I cut out the big red heart freehand, and layered it with a piece of shiny paper, then attached it with Popdots, as well. I'm note sure my photography is the best-need to work on that. Not too bad for a beginner...?

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love them!! I like that they are just front and back, perfect for double-sided frames! You are very talented and Dana is such a sweetie! Of course, you know this means you two will be shopping together to supply your habit, now? LOL! Seriously, very talented!

Dana said...

OMG! When you decide to do something, you DO it! Holy cow, these two card fronts rock Mary. I really like the layout (LO) on the first one, and I think the funky ribbon matches perfectly with the funky PP. I love how you covered the chpiboard flower with tissue paper and ink! Clever.
The second card is adorable. It made me smile when I saw it.The heart brads look identical to the stamps! I can't believe you hand-wrote that sentiment either, you always did have nice handwriting. I'm sure they will LOVE their wedding card.
MOre, more!

Dana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!